Why implement a Health and Wellbeing strategy in the Workplace?
Building a health and wellbeing strategy for your office can provide some significant benefits for employers. Establishing a positive business culture can also help to reduce staff turnover, which in turn can save the company money, as well as making the organisation more attractive to employees than competitors.
What are the benefits of a wellbeing strategy for the employees?
- Improved self-motivation and focus at work
- Reduce stress and increase work-life balance
- Increase job satisfaction
- Improved physical health
- Better relationships with colleagues, managers, family
What are the benefits of a wellbeing strategy for the employers?
- Increased level of productivity
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced presenteeism
- Attract and retain the best workforce
- Be known as a great place to work
How to improve health and wellbeing in the workplace?
- Talk about mental health – The ‘time to talk’ initiative is about providing employees with the chance to talk about their mental health. Taking time out of the busy working day to sit down, have a cup of tea and talk openly about different areas of their lives, work, family and hobbies. This builds relationships and aids recovery for anybody that might be struggling.
- Encourage employees to be more active – Hosting sporting events can be a simple way to increase moral through team building activities. These can also be to raise money for charity.
- Offer flexible working – offering part time working or working from home options for employees can help to provide a work life balance and employees can take advantage of working hours to suit their lifestyle therefore increasing productivity.
- Explain to your employees about the benefits that the company provides for them – it is important to remember to tell employees about what benefits they have access too and how they can use them.
- Consider how the layout and design of the office can affect wellbeing – making small changes like creating a space to employees to sit comfortably and have a break for their desk can straight away lift morale.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle whilst at work – providing fresh fruit and healthy drinks for employees as healthy eating options or a gym discount can encourage sustainable lifestyle choices
As an employee benefits broker BDHL specialise in helping businesses build their health and wellbeing strategy. What sets us apart, is that we listen to you and your businesses requirements. We then tailor your policies to exceed your demands and needs. Saving you time and money and placing you ahead of your competitors.
Speak to a knowledgeable member of the team today by calling 01892 891900