How to Stay Safe and Healthy in the Cold Weather
In the winter months when it is cold outside, it is important to plan and have a strategy in place that works for the employees.. This will help to prevent accidents, illnesses and ensure that the business operates smoothly.
HOW TO STAY HEALTHY AT HOME AND THE OFFICE IN THE COLD WEATHER
- Ensure you have a contingency plan in place for bad weather and that all employees are aware of the correct procedure
- Check the heating is in working condition and turned on
- Have food and water supplies in the fridge and kitchens
- Ensure you have a torch near in case of a power cut
- Check the first aid kit is up to date and readily available
- Salt the pavement and step outside for employees and clients
- Check vulnerable neighbours
- Find out about offering employees a flu jab or health screen as part of an employee benefits package for emphasis on prevention rather than cure.
HOW TO STAY HEALTHY WHEN PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE COLD WEATHER
- Have the car serviced to ensure that it is in the best possible working order – consider investing in snow tyres and keep topped up with fuel and oil levels
- Plan your route and only travel if it is necessary. Allow time for the weather conditions and other road users
- Have a first aid kit, water, food, hi-vis and blanket in the car
- Ensure that you wear warm clothing, sturdy footwear, hat, gloves and scarf
- Take a fully charged mobile phone and a phone charger
- Always ensure that someone knows the route that you are travelling and estimated time of departure and arrival
BDHL work with companies with 2 employees right up to multinational corporations as well as individuals and families that are located in the UK, Channel Islands and Internationally. Each client is offered a personal, bespoke service from our dedicated, knowledgeable and friendly team.
Employee Benefits :- Group Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Death in Service Benefits (Group Life), Group Dental Insurance, Group Critical Illness Cover, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Group Travel Insurance.
Health and Wellbeing Strategies: Absence management, stress management, recruitment, retention of employees, reward strategies, wellness initiatives, EAP’s, Occupational Health, Health Screening, flu jabs and vaccinations.
Individuals (Private) :- Private Medical Insurance, Private Dental Insurance, Private Cash Plans, Low Cost Accident Protection
If you would like more information regarding our employee benefits services or individual private health insurance then please call 01892 891900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org