6 Ways to Stay Healthy During Lockdown
Whilst the country is in lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is now most important than ever to look after your physical and mental health.
If you have now found yourself working from home, caring for a family member, home schooling, furloughed here are some ideas to keep you healthy.
- Create a routine and stick to it! – Plan your day, plan your week. Creating some structure to the day will provide you with some stability. Getting up at the same time each day, eating at the same times daily and going to be to ensure you get enough sleep all helps aid your physical and mental health.
- Spend time outside – going for a walk or run in the fresh air will clear your head as well as aid your body physically. Make sure you schedule some time outdoors during your day.
- Eat healthier food – make sure you are still eating fruit and vegetables and not snacking on too many biscuits whilst spending so much time at home. Maybe use this time to become more adventures in the kitchen and try some difference recipes.
- Try a home workout – exercising at home can also have some great health benefits. Why not try a virtual fitness classes, dancing or yoga. You could also get active by doing the housework, gardening or some DIY.
- Keep in contact – make use of technology zoom isn’t just for work, speak to your family and friends. Organise a quiz or virtual book club. It is really important to stay in touch.
- Enjoy lockdown – Enjoy your home, read a book, do a puzzle, build a den and spend time with your children. Sing, dance and laugh.
Did you know that many of the above suggestions come as a free benefit of having a private medical insurance policy? A private medical insurance policy is not just to cover you when something goes wrong but can also act as a preventative. Eating well and exercising regularly leads to a healthier, happier lifestyle and therefore many insurers have included this as part of their policies. From discounts off gym membership, exercise clothes and trainers to free online home workouts with professionals as well as meal plans and cooking instructions.
If you would like some further information on this then speak to a knowledge member of the BDHL team today on 01892 891900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org